We at the blog are all (or have been) students in the same position as all of you: writing final papers, taking exams and trying to juggle everything else in life. We get it- it’s a rough time. So, we worked together to come up with some awesome ways to help you reduce or relieve your stress during this unavoidable busy time in your life.
- Check out the therapy dogs on campus during exams
- grab a snack from the Salvation Army table in the front atrium
- give yourself a break when studying- allow 20 minute relaxation breaks
- create study groups! It’ll take off the pressure and add some fun being with a group of people
- Prepare study notes a week in advance, therefore you give yourself enough time to actually look through them rather than rushing to finish your notes
- Don’t stay up late every night trying to cram everything in. Get a sleep, it’ll definitely help you with the exam and studying for it.
- Have a warm drink handy (I like tea or hot chocolate)
- Build a study playlist that will get you motivated and help you concentrate
- Dress comfortably
- Snack healthy
- Create an enjoyable – but distraction free – environment. I like warm drinks, blankets, and supplies within an arms reach
- Stay organized – set yourself up for studying success by setting aside 15 minutes daily to plan and prepare
- Review your syllabus along with your notes. Not only will you ensure you have all the information you need (readings, lecture notes, etc) it will help you create a study plan
Stay sane- stay healthy!