Written by: Sarah Camacho
As I sit here writing this post, I am just realizing how fast these four years have gone by. I still feel way too young to be graduating, let alone to have to start looking for a “big girl” job. Every part of me wants to take another year just to enjoy life the way it is right now.
This thought does lead me to think about if I could go back to first year and create a bucket list, what would I put on it? I’m one of those crazy gals that loves making lists, and there is nothing more satisfying than being able to cross something off.
It’s easy to get caught up in all of the hard work that comes along with working towards your degree and the fun/social side gets pushed aside. I think it’s really important to make sure that you are enjoying yourself along the way, because it’s going to make going down memory lane a lot more fun in the future. So what’s the best way to make sure that you’re still having a blast? A BUCKET LIST!So I have compiled a list of ten things that I would put on my bucket list… if I was in first year again.
- Go on a reading week adventure with a bunch of friends
- Learn how to cook at least three meals that aren’t KD, scrambled eggs or oatmeal
- Revamp my look and my wardrobe
- Read ten books that aren’t on any course syllabus
- Go camping for a week somewhere that is disconnected from all the craziness
- Give back…help out the less fortunate
- Go on a impulse trip with no planning
- Discover a new part of Toronto that isn’t the Eaton Centre or Queen Street
- Do something completely outside of my comfort zone
- Be happy with who I am and have the utmost confidence in myself
In an ideal world, I would still be able to accomplish everything on this list. But seeing as there are only six weeks left, I’d be way too busy. Everyone should make a bucket list and try to accomplish as much as they can before graduation rolls around. Make the most of it! It’s going to go by faster than you think!
This blog was originally posted on March 4, 2016. Sarah was in her final year of her English Lit BA at the time.